Wedding ceremonies

Do you wish to get married in the Stockholm City Hall? We conduct civil wedding ceremonies in the City Hall, and at other venues.

Covid-19 information

We allow five guests in the City Hall. Children and photographers are included in these five guests.

Due to the pandemic, our staff will act as your witnesses. That way we can reduce the handling of documents and the number of people who need to gather at the registration desk.

Be aware that there may be some waiting outside. We want to urge you not to bring guests into the City Hall Park.

If you show any symptoms, we ask you to cancel and re-book your ceremony.

We hope for your understanding in these challenging times and wish you a memorable wedding ceremony.

On Saturdays we conduct wedding ceremonies for about 60 couples in the Oval Room. Weddings on weekdays are held in a small conference room.

The cost for the ceremony is 800 SEK.

Make a booking

To make a booking, register directly online or contact us via email or phone. Please leave your names, dates of birth, address and phone number if you would like to make a booking.

Phone: +46 8 508 29 330


To get married you need to apply for a Certificate of No Impediment (hindersprövning) at the Swedish Tax Agency. The two documents you then receive from the Swedish Tax Agency should be sent to the City Hall at least 4 weeks prior to the ceremony to avoid cancellation. If any delays occur, please contact the City Hall via phone or email.

For questions about the documents, contact the Swedish Tax Agency:

If you are calling from Sweden: 0771-567 567
If you are calling from abroad: +46 8 764 92 10

You can also get information from the Swedish Tax Agency.

The day of the ceremony

To reach the Oval Room use the entrance from Hantverkargatan 1 and walk across the Civic Courtyard towards the waterside park. Take the open-air steps on the left next, to the tower entrance. The Oval Room is located one flight up.

We kindly request that you are present 15 minutes before the appointed time for the ceremony. Remember to bring valid id-cards and please inform our staff when you arrive.

After the ceremony

You will get a marriage certificate in Swedish and, if requested, one in English in connection to the ceremony. After the wedding ceremony your documents will be sent to the Swedish Tax Agency for registration.

If you require other documentation to verify your marriage in your country, besides the marriage certificate, please contact the Swedish Tax Agency. With your marriage certificate you can also contact a Notarius Publicus for an official stamp.

Private ceremonies

Some of our registrars perform ceremonies in other places than the City Hall. If you are interested in this option you need to contact a registrar by email and book a time, place and date.

When you have agreed on a day for the wedding you register directly online. Then send us an email with day for the wedding and the code you received from the registrar.

Understanding the ceremony

If you do not understand Swedish or English, you need to book an interpreter. Please email us at